Home Wingssail Home Email Fred & Judy Map of our travels

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Incompetents Need To Be Replaced

We are sitting here in Hong Kong watching the New Orleans Katrina aftermath. We get plenty of news here, although no US broadcast news. In addition to the online news, (CBS, MSNBC, Fox, etc etc), we watch the BBC,Australian Networks, & Chinese TV news. All have had extensive coverage of the relief effort, but also have had heavy coverage of the criticism within the US of the administration in the Katrina response. I think that this criticism is justified and I don't think all of this criticism is partisan.

Honestly, I have to say that I am shamed by this, and I am not at all convinced by any report I have heard that it was better than it looked.

And I don't believe the administration spin.

The flat truth was that the response was inadequate to meet the need.

What we hear and see about "why" it was inadequate sounds like an excuse.

The reasons given are in my opinion are not only excuses, but lame excuses.

In my own field I expect my subordinates to tell me how they are going to solve a problem, not why they can't.

I expect the same of my leaders; find a way, not spout excuses.

I have become hardened to the feeling that the whole thing reeks of incompetence.

Incompetent people need to be replaced.

We can start with Bush.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kanye West Bush video - what the web is saying
Annie told you earlier about Kanye West's unscripted comments during NBC's concert for Hurricane Katrina.
Btw....did you create the grahics here or were they included?

Just wondering :)

Pam
information irritable bowel syndrome

8:21 PM  
Blogger wingssail said...

All the material on this site is our own, unless specifically credited to someone else, and was created aboard our sailboat WINGS.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home