Home Wingssail Home Email Fred & Judy Map of our travels

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Why I prefer Hillary Clinton

Today there was another news article about Hillary's weakness and health. She became "overheated" while attending a 9/11 ceremony in NYC. Actually, I believe she came near to fainting, realized it, tried to leave, and had to be helped to the car. Of course the right wing bloggers and radio jocks will make a lot out of this. Huge. One comment I read says, "finally we need to realize that she should not become president because, among other things, her poor health". Maybe she does have poor health, and look, I've got worries about her health, not much, but some; she is an old lady, right? And maybe not an especially strong one. And other than that I am really irritated at her poor judgment in the email/server case. Where was her head at? Will she be similarly clueless in the white house? Most of all, her demeanor when speaking does not give people much reason to trust her, she just seems evasive and slippery. All told, not my ideal candidate.

However, with Trump we'd get a thin-skinned, narcissistic, bullying, ignorant, blowhard, (along with several other abhorrent character traits). His ideas are astonishing. For example Trump thinks we should've "Taken the oil" when we left Iraq? Jeez, how stupid and impractical is that? The number of other stupid, impractical, and useless, and incorrect assertions he's made boggle the mind. We don't have the room or time to even list them all. Hillary could make a thousand campaign ads showing stupid and contradictory Trump comments. They can't possibly cover all of them; there are too many. What would this loose canon be like in the White House? The same I am afraid. And would he possibly surround himself with strong associates? Would his cabinet selections be great? Based on his selection of Ailes and Bannon and others in his campaign I don't have confidence of that. He'd be an embarrassing disaster, I'm sure of it.

Beyond all of that, of Trump himself, he's still running as a Republican, and I don't agree with Republican policies, hardly any of them. Not on taxation, spending, environment, health, military, foreign policy...none of them.

So regardless of Hilary's lack of appeal, I'm still voting for her and I hope to God Trump does not get
in.

Fred

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home